At the regularly scheduled Board of Education meeting on February 9, 2023, the Board took action to approve a resolution in support of opting in to Proposition FF Healthy School Meals for All.
Here is what this means for LPS:
- Implementation will take place in August 2023 for the 2023–2024 school year.
- Every LPS student will be eligible for breakfast and lunch at no cost to families. Students must take a fruit or vegetable with their meals in order to qualify for the program.
- LPS is still required to collect free and reduced meal applications to ensure we are optimizing federal funding.
- A la carte items are not included and can still be purchased using the student’s meal account (Titan). This includes additional entrees, milk (without a meal), and snack items.
- The Nutrition Services team is hiring, knowing there will be an increase in student participation. Check out LPS’s current job postings if you’re interested in a rewarding nutrition services career on the same calendar as your student!