Scrabble blocks spelling out FAQ for a title page banner

Where is Arapahoe High School located? 
Arapahoe High School is on the Northwest corner of University and Dry Creek in Littleton, Colorado, just south of Denver. We are easily accessible from both I-25 and C-470 (see map)

How do I contact someone at AHS?
The main phone number for AHS is 303-347-6000. This will get you the receptionist at the front desk who can either answer your questions or direct you to the right person. You can also find office phone numbers, voice mail numbers and email addresses for individual staff members.

What is the Athletic Fee?
$175 per sport, with a $350 maximum per individual per year, and a $700 maximum per family per year.

Where do I get the form for my son's or daughter's physical? 
On April 23, 2024, the CHSAA Legislative Council approved to install the updated Preparticipation Eligibility Form (PPE) as the required and only form that will be accepted by schools starting the 2024-2025 (pilot year) with full integration 2025-2026.  CLICK HERE to download the form. Bring page 1-4 of the forms to a licensed practitioner for physical examination.  Upload ONLY PAGE 4 into the family registration account after the appointment.

How do I know if my son or daughter is academically eligible to play? 
Every Wednesday the athletic office pulls eligibility on all student-athletes participating in sports currently in season.  This report is sent to the head coach of the sport with student-athletes currently showing 2 or more F's highlighted and declared as ineligible for competition the following week.  Athletes have until 3:00 p.m. that Friday to bring in an updated grade report from their Infinite Campus account to the athletic office to change their eligibility for competitions taking place the following Monday through Saturday.

What sports are offered at Arapahoe High School? 
Fall: Cheers, Cross Country, Girls Field Hockey, Football, Boys Golf, Boys Soccer, Girls Softball, Boys Tennis, Toms and Volleyball
Winter: Boys and Girls Basketball, Cheers, Girls Swimming, Toms, Wrestling
Spring: Baseball, Girls Golf, Boys and Girls Lacrosse, Girls Soccer, Boys Swimming, Girls Tennis, Boys and Girls Track

How long do I have to excuse an absence?
All excused absences must be called in to the Attendance Office by a parent or guardian within 24 hours. We do not accept written notes.
How can my student get an absence excused if the parent is not available?
The student may call the Attendance Office and identify themselves and the reason for the absence. The student should say that the parent is not available at this time and inform us when a parent will be available to call. We will then expect to hear from the parent within 24 hours of the specified time.

How do I excuse my student for a prearranged absence?
Pre-arranged absences must be processed at least three days in advance through the Attendance Office. After a parent calls the Attendance Office, the student must pick up the pre-arranged absence form to take to the teachers to collect homework assignments.
How do I excuse my student from classes early to go to an appointment?
Students must pick up a pass from the Attendance Office in order to leave school for an appointment during the school day. A parent must call the Attendance Office early that morning or the day before to arrange for the pass. The student is responsible for picking up the pass before the scheduled departure time. The student may not pick up the pass until a parent has called in the absence. Passes are not delivered and teachers do not allow students to leave class without a pass. Please have your student sign in at the Attendance Office upon returning from an appointment.

I received a phone call last night saying my student was absent, but my student was in all classes. What do I do now?
When you receive this automated call from our computer system you can check the Parent Portal to see your student’s attendance, OR you can call our office between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. at 303-347-6030 and we will check for you. If your student was in all classes, have your student come to the Attendance Office to get a “Change Slip” for the teacher to sign and make a correction to the attendance record.

What if my student needs to be excused for a final exam?
Parents must submit a request in writing to the school administration two weeks before the exam date for approval.

Who do I see if I have a problem with my schedule? 
You should talk to your counselor.
Who do I see if I want to do an Independent Study or College Credit course?
You will need to see your counselor first, then Mr. Miwa for final approval.
Who do I contact if I want to substitute teach at Arapahoe? 
Contact Human Resources at our Educational Services Center, 303-347-3365.

Who can attend Arapahoe High School?
You may attend AHS if you live in the attendance area assigned by our district office, or you may apply (open enroll) to come. (Please note: there is no guarantee that we will have space available and be able to accept open enrollment students.)

What documents do I need to enroll as a new student at Arapahoe High School (if you live in the Arapahoe attendance area)? These documents need to be taken to the LPS Education Services Center at 5776 S. Crocker St., Littleton, CO 80120.
Proof of residency
- A copy of your deed of trust or lease agreement
- Copies of 2 major bills going to that address in your name
**If you are living with a relative/friend that owns the home, we need the items listed above and a notarized letter from them stating that you are residing with them.
Copy of child's birth certificate
Copy of child's immunization record
Unofficial copy of transcript/grades ad address and phone number of previous school. We will send for the official records but we must have the unofficial transcript/grades to get your child registered.
Copy of custody papers (if applicable) and if there are issues that we need to be aware of.

What do I do if I move and need to change my address on school records?
Come to the Guidance Center and request a change of address form.
How do I find out about college and scholarships?
Make an appointment with your counselor, see the Guidance Volunteers for help doing college/scholarship searches on the computers in Guidance or check out the other resources in the Guidance Center.

What do I do if I get sick at school?
Come to the clinic, which is located in the Guidance Center. You may lie down for 10-15 minutes and/or call your parents to get permission to check out and go home.