Dear Parents and Guardians:
Safety during carpool is the first priority at all times. Adherence to these carpool procedures, rules, and carpool attendants’ directions is required of all students and families of Littleton Prep.Please closely review the attached procedures and the additional tips below.
Grade 1-8 students will be dismissed from their classroom by their family carpool number beginning at 3:30 p.m. This number is used for queuing in the carpool line and by hanging this placard onyour rearview mirror and entering off of Rafferty Gardens; the number will be relayed to the office and displayed in your student’s classroom. Your student will then be dismissed and should be waiting for you as you proceed through the carpool line.
Continue to use the carpool number that was issued to you previously. Since each family has their own number, if you are picking up multiple families, display all carpool numbers. New families-If you have not received your family carpool number, please contact the school office.
Remember, there will be no parking and loading on Rafferty or Delaware at any time; only queuing for carpool.
If your kindergartner has an older sibling in the school, it is preferred that you pick up your kindergartner through the carpool line. Beginning at 3:30 p.m., the family carpool number is displayed in your older student’s classroom; they should proceed to the kindergarten homeroom to pick up the younger sibling and proceed to the carpool line. If you still choose to walk up and pick up your kindergartner at 3:15 p.m., you must have your family carpool number to initiate your student’s dismissal. When waiting for your kindergartener, please wait in the walk up waiting area to the right of the front doors. Note that the older sibling will not be released until 3:30 p.m. Once you are waiting for older siblings, please wait to the left of the front doors.
If your student does not have an older sibling in the school, dismissal will continue at 3:15 p.m. at the front door. See the carpool procedures. You must have your family carpool number to initiate your student’s dismissal. Your carpool number will be displayed in your students’ homeroom. Your student will then be dismissed.
Student Walkers and After School Care:
Walkers and After School Care will be released at 3:30 p.m. If your student walks home from school, please send Mrs. Braun, school receptionist, an email confirming that you student will be walking home. bjbraun[at]lps.k12.co[dot]us
Additional carpool tips:
- No smoking in the carpool line. State laws states that smoking is not allowed on school grounds.
- Do not leave your car running while in the line while waiting for carpool to begin.
- Do not leave children unattended in your car.
- No cell phone use once carpool begins.
- If you want to get through carpool faster, consider coming around 3:40 p.m. The students are in their homerooms until 3:40 p.m. and are released to the front of the building. The carpool line is moving quite smoothly and carpool is generally over by 3:45-3:50 p.m.
- Carpool placards must be hanging on the rear view mirror until your student is in the car.
- Students enter and exit the cars from the sidewalk doors only.
- Do not park in, stop in or block the crosswalks.
- Do not stop, load or unload in the crosswalks or drive ways.
- Always yield to walkers and carpool attendants.
- While in the carpool line, pull as far forward as possible.
- No U-turns anywhere at any time in the school zone. Littleton Police will ticket for this. This is extremely dangerous!
- No left turn onto Rafferty from Delaware and no left turn off of Rafferty Gardens into the school parking lot from 7:40-8:00 a.m. and from 3:10-3:50 p.m.
- Pre-K and Kindergarten parents - After 3:20 p.m., double queuing begins at the north gate entrance and you must stay in the carpool line.
- If you walk up to the school to pick up your students, after giving your family number, please wait to the south or the left of the front doors near the benches. The sidewalks need to be clear for students to enter the cars.
PLEASE make sure that your family carpool numbers are visible! Let us know if you need more placards or have any questions.
Thank you for your attention to carpool safety!