HSA Bank administers the Health Savings Account for Littleton Public Schools.
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-exempt trust or custodial account that you can fund with pre-tax payroll deductions and that the district may also contribute to, in order to help you pay for qualified medical expenses not covered by your medical, dental or vision plans.
To be eligible for an HSA you must be enrolled in either the CIGNA CDHP or the Kaiser HDHP health insurance plan. In addition, by enrolling in the HSA (generally online) you are certifying that:
- You are eligible to make contributions to the Health Savings Account;
- You are a U.S. citizen or resident alien age 18 or older with a U.S. address (not a PO Box);
- You have a valid Social Security Number;
- You have no health coverage, as the employee or the dependent, other than a high deductible health plan except for certain IRS-allowed insurance, e.g. dental, vision, accident/disability, long-term care, per diem hospitalization, or specific disease coverage;
- You are not enrolled in Medicare Part A, Part B, Part D or any other Medicare benefit (those eligible but not enrolled still qualify); and,
- You may not be claimed as a dependent on anyone else's tax return.
HSA Bank’s member website and mobile app provide you with all the tools you will need to manage your HSA account. Forms to assist you in managing your HSA Bank account include:
Beneficiary Designation Form
Change of Address Form
Change of Name Form