Littleton Public Schools
High School Athletics and Activities with Students
All workouts and activity meetings will be guided by the restrictions under the current level restrictions of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment COVID Dial. Participation in off-season workouts and activities-related meetings is voluntary and students will not be penalized by failure to participate.
Current COVID-19 Dial Level- BLUE
- All off-season workouts/meetings are restricted to non-physical contact.
- Participants must practice 3-6 foot social distancing at all times.
- Coaches/sponsors and students are the only individuals allowed to participate.
- Parents/guardians need to complete a COVID-19 symptom self-check with their students each day before they attend in-person activities. Students with a fever of 100 degrees or higher or who are demonstrating symptoms should not come to workouts.
- Coaches will utilize the CHSAA daily symptom tracking protocol, including temperature checks, at the beginning of each practice/workout.
- A maximum of 50 students will be allowed in any indoor area, i.e., gymnasium, weight room, etc. as per current CDPHE Level BLUE guidelines.
- All participants and coaches must wear face coverings at all times while indoors.
- If possible, groups meeting indoors will enter and leave through separate doors.
- Students can participate in indoor activities in groups of 50 or less.
- A maximum of 50 students will be allowed in the outdoor practice area at any time.
- While outdoors, all non-active participants, including coaches, must wear a face covering throughout the practice/meeting. This includes students not actively participating.
- Parents/guardians need to report COVID-19 positive cases within their athletes through the form on the school website/homepage. Targeted 8-day quarantines will be implemented as necessary.
- Coaches/sponsors will maintain attendance records for each day of workouts/meetings.
- Any increase in the number of participants allowed will follow the CDPHE and TriCounty Health guidelines.
- No sharing of workout clothing, i.e., practice vests, helmet covers, etc.
- Equipment will be sanitized before, during and after workouts. This is the responsibility of the coach/sponsor.
- Students will not have access to locker rooms for workouts.
- Students bring their own water bottles.
- Clothing and personal equipment should be cleaned and sanitized following each workout.
- No family members or guests will be permitted to enter the location of the off-season workouts/meetings, or gather for social interactions. While waiting for their students, parents/guardians should remain in their vehicles in the parking lots.
*Off-Season Protocol subject to change based on updated state and/or local health orders. At any given time Off-Season activity could be suspended or canceled.