Littleton Public Schools
High School Athletics and Activities with Students
Littleton Public Schools will be returning to modified, voluntary high school athletic workouts and activities-related meetings on Tuesday, January 5, 2021. All workouts and activity meetings will be guided by the restrictions under the Level Orange of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment COVID Dial. Initially, only sports listed under Season B of the Colorado High School Activities Association will be allowed to participate in these voluntary workouts.
Level Orange Group Workouts/Meetings
CHSAA Season B and Activities
- Coaches/sponsors and students are the only individuals allowed to participate. In order to adhere to social distancing guidelines, no spectators will be allowed.
- A maximum of 25 students will be allowed in any indoor area, i.e., gymnasium, weight room, etc. Six foot spacing requirements must be met.
- If possible, groups meeting indoors will enter and leave through separate doors.
- Coaches will utilize the CHSAA daily symptom tracking protocol, including temperature checks, at the beginning of each practice/workout.
- Parents/guardians need to complete a COVID-19 symptom self-check with their students each day before they attend in-person activities. Students with a fever of 100 degrees or higher or who are demonstrating symptoms should not come to workouts.
- Parents/guardians need to report COVID-19 positive cases within their athletes through the form on the school website/homepage. Targeted 10 day quarantines will be implemented as necessary.
- Under current guidance, masks will be required while working out or meeting indoors
- Coaches/sponsors will maintain attendance records for each day of workouts/meetings.
- Increase in the number of participants allowed will follow state and local recommendations.
- Only non-contact drill work and skills workouts will be allowed. No contact drills, scrimmages, etc. are allowed.
- No sharing of workout clothing, i.e., practice vests, helmet covers, etc.
- Equipment will be sanitized before, during and after workouts. This is the responsibility of the coach/sponsor.
- Students will not have access to locker rooms for workouts.
- Students bring their own water bottles.
- Clothing and personal equipment should be cleaned and sanitized following each workout.
Students and coaches/sponsors should continue practicing good hygiene and stay home if feeling ill. Use of hand sanitizers and washing of hands frequently should be ongoing, as well as cleaning and sanitizing of equipment.