Purpose: The purpose of Saturday School is to provide additional academic assistance for struggling students and/or a meaningful consequence for students who have violated school rules.
Saturday School has two components: academic assistance and behavior education.
(I) Academic Assistance: Students with a D or an F or three or more missing assignments in any of their academic classes, will receive additional assistance. In a structured environment, students will have the opportunity to complete missing assignments or retake tests under the supervision of a teacher, who will provide tutorial services. Students must attend in LPCS uniform dress code.
(II) Behavior Education: Students who violate school rules will attend Saturday School to reflect on their misbehavior and help prevent behavioral referrals and suspension. A Behavior Education Packet will be provided to assist students in understanding the consequences of their actions. This option keeps students from losing instructional time and keeps them in school. Students must attend in LPCS uniform dress code.
(III) Voluntary Academic Assistance: At times students may choose to attend Saturday School to obtain additional help in a subject area. We encourage students to attend Saturday School voluntarily if they are struggling with content, need to study for a test, need additional teaching on a concept. Voluntary Saturday School should be arranged with a teacher and the teacher will ensure the Saturday School teachers are aware they are coming voluntarily. Students do not need to be in uniform to attend voluntarily.
SATURDAY SCHOOL PROCEDURES
A Saturday School Referral
- Saturday School is issued by a student’s teacher. The school will provide a minimum of a 24 hour notice to a student's parents.
Attendance and Location
- Students are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from the school.
- Saturday School will be held at LPCS. Report to the front doors (outside of the art room) to obtain access to the building.
- Saturday School is from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Doors open at 7:55 and close promptly at 8:00. Pick up is at 11:00 a.m. SHARP!
- Tardies are not permitted. If a child arrives tardy to Saturday School, they will not be able to get into the building. This tardy will result in two consecutive Saturday Schools beginning with the following Saturday.
Rules for Saturday School
- All Littleton Preparatory Charter School rules apply.
- The Littleton Preparatory Charter School dress code is in effect for Saturday School (expect for voluntary attendance).
- There will be a ten-minute stretch/restroom break at 9:30 a.m.
- Students must come prepared to Saturday School with the necessary school work and supplies to complete the school work. An AR book is mandatory.
- Talking to other students is prohibited to ensure a quiet structured working environment.
- Students will sit as assigned by the Saturday School teachers.