Tax Deferred Savings
There are a variety of investment options from which to choose under the District's TIAA-CREF plans. Click here to view these options on TIAA-CREF's website.
TIAA-CREF consultants are available to assist employees at 1-800-842-2252. Individual appointments may be scheduled at the TIAA-CREF office if desired, but most questions can be addressed by the telephone consultants.
The district offers the following voluntary plans thru TIAA-CREF:
- Tax Deferred Annuity 403(b) (maximum annual contribution limit for 2014 is $17,500*)
- Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan (maximum annual contribution limit for 2014 is $17,500*)
* those over age 50 may be eligible for a $5,500 annual catch-up provision for each of these plans.
In order to enroll in either of these voluntary plans, for each plan you join you will need to:
- Enroll online with TIAA-CREF
- Complete the salary reduction agreement form available on District website (Click on Staff tab, sign in to "Inside LPS," Click on Human Resources-Payroll) and submit the completed form to the District's payroll office indicating the amount to be deducted from your payroll check for your TIAA-CREF accounts(s). The form must be submitted by the last day of the month prior to the month in which the deductions are to begin.
Teacher's Insurance and Annuity Association College Retirement Equity Fund (TIAA-CREF)
Rocky Mountain Regional Office
1670 Broadway Suite 2200
Denver, CO 80202
Telephone Counseling Center: 1-800-TIAA-CREF (1-800-842-2252)
M-F 6:00 a.m. 8:00 p.m. (MST), Saturday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (MST)