1. All three LPS high schools — Littleton, Heritage, and Arapahoe — are nationally recognized and award winning. They have been featured in Newsweek Magazine’s ”Top High Schools in America” and 5280 Magazine’s "Top High Schools in Denver."
2. LPS high schools have the highest graduation rate and the lowest dropout rate of any high schools in the Denver metro area.
3. 90 percent of LPS graduates indicate they are college-bound. LPS seniors earn $40 million annually in college scholarships.
4. LPS consistently has a high number of National Merit Scholars, Boettcher Scholars, and Presidential Scholars. Each year, students earn appointments to U.S. military academies.
5. Such success in high school is possible because of the strong academic foundation built over time in LPS elementary and middle schools!
6. 20 percent of LPS students are open enrolled. That is the highest percentage of any school district our size or larger in the Denver metro area.
7. LPS is the highest academically achieving school district in the Denver metro area, ranked #1 overall in achievement in reading, writing, and math as measured by state assessment tests.
8. LPS is the only Denver metro area school district to be Accredited with Distinction five years in a row! This is the highest academic accreditation rating given by the Colorado Department of Education.
9. LPS leads the rest of the country in 21st century learning. More than 15,000 computers, laptops, and netbooks are in use by students and staff in LPS. LPS offers one-to-one computing learning environments in all 5th grades and in all language arts classes Grades 6 through 10. LPS teachers are known internationally for their use of instructional technology. LPS students consistently win state and national competitions in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
10. LPS teachers are caring professionals who devote their time and talent to helping each and every student achieve to his or her highest potential. LPS teachers average 12 years of experience, and 64 percent have masters degrees or above.