The membership of the Committee will be representative of the community’s ethnic and economic composition and will include persons of both sexes, insofar as possible. Membership of the Committee shall consist of Members as follows:
There shall be seven (7) categories of Members as follows:
- Instructional Staff. There shall be four (4) to eight (8) Instructional Staff members: One (1) to two (2) representing the Classified Staff, if two representatives then one each from the elementary and secondary, levels respectively; two (2) to four (4) representing Teachers, at a minimum one each from the elementary and secondary, levels respectively; one (1) to two (2) Instructional staff member(s) representing Special Programs. No District Instructional Staff Member shall represent more than one category.
- School Administration. There shall be two (2) School Administration Members: One (1) representing the elementary and secondary levels respectively.
- District Staff. There shall be two (2) to four (4) District Staff Members. At a minimum, one (1) representing the Divisions of Business/Finance and Human Resources, and One (1) representing the Divisions of Learning Services and Student Support Services. If four representatives, then one from each division.
- Student Members. There shall be up to eight (8) Student Members, two representing each of the three high schools, plus 2 student members from alternative high school.
- Parent Members. There shall be four (4) to six (6) Parent Members There shall be, no less than, four (4) Parent Members with a balanced representation of elementary school, middle school, and high school, levels respectively. No Parent Member shall represent more than one school.
- Community Members. There shall be one (1) to two (2) Community Members who represent the community served by, and located within the boundaries of the Littleton Public Schools. There shall be, no less than, one (1) Community Member.
- Representatives-At-Large. There shall be four (4) to six (6) Representatives-At-Large from a technology organization, agency, or company. There shall be, no less than, four (4) Representatives-At-Large Members.
To the extent possible, the number of Parent, Community, and At-Large Members shall be equal to the aggregate number of members from the Instructional Staff, School Administration and District Staff membership categories.
Committee Member Disclosure Statement
Serving on the committee is not to be used for the profit, gain, or private interest of any individual. To maintain public confidence in the work of the committee and to prevent the use of serving on the committee for private gain, it is important for members of the committee to publicly disclose any potential conflict of interest.
- Committee Liaisons.
- The Board will appoint one of its members to serve as liaison to the Committee.
- The Superintendent or designee will serve as administrative liaison to the Committee.
- Qualification and Selection of Members/Liaisons.
The qualification and the selection of Members in the seven (7) categories of Members of the Committee shall be as follows:
- Instructional Staff. Any classified staff or teacher engaged in direct contact or responsibility for student learning shall be eligible for selection as an Instructional Staff member. Two (2) Classified Staff shall be selected by the Classified Employees Advisory Council (CEAC); one (1) Teacher shall be selected by the elementary and secondary principals respectively; one (1) Special Programs Staff Member shall be selected by the K-12 principals.
- School Administration. The Principals and Assistant Principals from all LPS schools at each level (i.e., elementary, middle, high school) shall be eligible for selection as a School Administration member. Each School Administration member shall be selected by the Superintendent or designee, from among Principals and Assistant Principals.
- District Staff. Classified and licensed staff from all the divisions shall be eligible for selection as a District Staff member. District Staff members shall be selected by the Assistant Superintendents representing Business/Finance, Human Resources, Learning Services, and Student Support Services divisions.
- Student Members. Any student enrolled in an LPS high school shall be eligible for selection as a Student Member representing that high school. Student members shall be selected by the principal of each high school.
- Parent Members. Any parent of a student enrolled in an LPS elementary school, middle school, or high school shall be eligible for selection as the Parent Member. Each Parent Member shall be selected by the Executive Committee from among eligible applicants.
- Community Members. All residents within the boundaries of the Littleton Public Schools shall be eligible to serve as Community Members. Community Members shall be selected by the Executive Committee from among eligible applicants.
- Representative-At-Large. Individuals who work for or represent a technology service, agency, and/or company shall be eligible to serve as Representative-At-Large members. Representative-At-Large members shall be selected by the Executive Committee from among eligible applicants.
Method of Application/Replacement
- Each person interested in becoming a member of the Committee shall submit an application giving a brief background and statement of interest in educational technology and the area of representation to the Chief Information Officer by May of each year. Application forms are available online at the link provided here.
- Proposed new Committee Members shall be presented to the Board in October of each year for approval by the Board no later than November 1 of each year.
- Resigning members shall notify the Executive Committee in April of each year, when possible.
- The Executive Committee and the Administrative Liaison will serve as the selection committee and recommend proposed new members to the Board. The Executive Committee meets 1/2-1 hour prior to scheduled ETAC meetings (depending upon what decisions need to be made.)