Littleton Public Schools contracted with Public Opinion Strategies in February 2010 to survey a representative sampling of registered voters in the LPS attendance area regarding a variety of issues.
- Local residents give LPS very strong ratings. 73% of those surveyed grade LPS with an "A" or "B". Essentially, no one believes they are failing.
- 81% of parents grade LPS with an "A" or "B".
- LPS rates strongest in the areas of greatest importance to residents:
- Teaching students the basic subjects like reading, writing, and math
- Providing the education that today's students will need for tomorrow's jobs and careers
- Maintaining a safe environment
- In addition, 73% are confident in the job the district is doing spending taxpayer money wisely.
- The vast majority of both parents and those without children attending LPS continue to say LPS communicates well.
- Across multiple questions, LPS taxpayers applaud:
- teacher quality
- academic standards
- accountability for taxpayer money
- safe learning environment
- access to technology
What they said:
"Excellent teachers, good education, my children excel, very pleased."
"I'm really happy with the schools."
"I think this is a fine district and I can't think of what to add to their curriculum."