1200 West Mineral Avenue
Littleton, CO 80120
Principal: Ms. Michelle Russell
School Hours: 8:20 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
About Our School
- Enrollment: 465
- Grades: K–8
- Attendance Rate: 97.4%
- Number of Suspensions and Expulsions: 7
- Average Class Size: 25 students per classroom
- Uniforms required
Focus on school mission statement: To provide each child with a content-rich, academically rigorous education, using a well-defined sequential curriculum in a safe, orderly, and caring environment.
Sources of Pride
- The first charter school to open in LPS
- John Irwin School of Excellence Award
- Governor's Distinguished Improvement Award
- Science Department has been recognized internationally on the website: www.biotrends.org
- Students are selected from a wait-list lottery
- Several teachers on staff for ten or fifteen years
- Student dress code and behavior system
- Core Knowledge Curriculum, phonics-based reading and spelling, achievement and ability grouping for math and reading
- Academically-based kindergarten; half-day kindergarten in either AM or PM with optional K-plus enrichment program
- Spanish, music, PE, library and technology lab are scheduled a minimum of once each week in all grades
- Middle School students have additional elective choices and study hall options
- Gifted and talented programs begin in Grade 2
- The ITBS/CogAT standardized assessments are administered yearly to Grades 1-8
- Clubs and organizations include Chess Club, Spelling Bee, Math Olympiad, Math Counts, Junior Great books, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, National Junior Honor Society, Science Fair, and Destination Imagination. Competitive sports include soccer, basketball, volleyball, and cross country.
- Prospective Family Open Houses are held twice during the year and dates will be posted on our website.
Littleton Academy Unified Improvement Plan Summary