1200 West Mineral Avenue
Littleton, CO 80120
Principal: Mrs. Shelly Russell
School Hours: 8:20 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.
About Our School
- Enrollment: 464
- Grades: K–8
- Attendance Rate: 97.76%
- Number of Suspensions and Expulsions: 7
- Average Class Size: 25 students per classroom
- Uniforms required
Focus on school mission statement: To provide each child with a content-rich, academically rigorous education, using a well-defined sequential curriculum in a safe, orderly, and caring environment.
Sources of Pride
- The first charter school to open in LPS
- John Irwin School of Excellence Award
- Governor's Distinguished Improvement Award
- Science Department has been recognized internationally on the website: www.biotrends.org
- Students are selected from a wait-list lottery
- Several teachers on staff for ten or fifteen years
- Student dress code and behavior system
- Core Knowledge Curriculum, phonics-based reading and spelling, achievement and ability grouping for math and reading
- Academically-based kindergarten; half-day kindergarten in either AM or PM with optional K-plus enrichment program
- Spanish, music, PE, library and technology lab are scheduled a minimum of once each week in all grades
- Middle School students have additional elective choices and study hall options
- Gifted and talented programs begin in Grade 2
- The ITBS/CogAT standardized assessments are administered yearly to Grades 1-7; eighth grade takes the EXPLORE test
- Clubs and organizations include Chess Club, Math Olympiad, Math Counts, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, National Junior Honor Society, Science Fair, and Destination Imagination, TSA, ECybermission, NREL, Solar Cars, Robotics
- Competitive sports include soccer, basketball, volleyball, and cross country.
- Prospective Family Open Houses are held twice during the year and dates will be posted on our website.
Littleton Academy Unified Improvement Plan Summary