The purpose of the Educational Technology Advisory Committee (ETAC) is to provide the Board of Education with a Littleton Public Schools (LPS) community perspective regarding the use of technology for student learning, technology program priorities, and advise the Board regarding districtwide technology systems. The Committee is also charged with advising the Board regarding the Educational Technology Information Literacy Plan and monitoring compliance with state and federal laws.
The responsibilities of the Committee include:
- Aid and advise the Board and the chief information officer in the following matters:
- Maintenance of the district’s Educational Technology/Information Literacy (ET/IL) Plan to enable the district to fulfill federal and state laws and rules governing the filing of such plan with the Colorado Department of Education.
- Advise the Board concerning long-range planning, guiding priorities, budgetary considerations, and evaluation of technology services and programs.
- To develop the Committee’s annual charge, including areas of study, in cooperation with the Board.
- To assist the Board in communicating the district’s plans and accomplishments to the community.