Registering and enrolling new students is a simple two-step process.
1. Register all of your children in the school district at one time at the Education Services Center, 5776 S. Crocker St, Littleton, CO 80120. Central registration is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. This is a one-time step unless a student leaves the district for more than one year and then returns.
To begin the registration process online, go to create a Parent Portal account and follow the instructions for submitting your information electronically. Once you have submitted the registration information, bring the required documents to the ESC to complete the registration process.
2. Enroll your children at their individual schools and obtain class assignments, schedules, and other information unique to each child’s school.
My children did not attend LPS last year, but have in the past. How do I enroll them this year?
Follow the two-step process above as you would if you were registering with LPS for the first time so that we can update your information.
What do I need to bring with me when I register my children?
Parents are asked to bring the following documents when they come to the Education Services Center to register their children:
- Birth certificates
- Immunization records
- Proof of residency (house contract, deed, or lease agreement)
- Address, phone, and fax of last school attended
If you have a unique residency situation, please call the registrar, 303-347-4360 or click here for further information.
What are the hours?
Registration takes place at the Education Services Center, 5776 S. Crocker St., Littleton, CO 80120 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
When can I register for the upcoming school year?
Registration for the next school year begins on February 1 and continues throughout the year.
We live in the LPS district, but we would like to enroll our children in a different LPS school than the one to which we are assigned. What do we do?
LPS values a family's right to choose the school that will best meet its children's needs. Follow the guidelines for in-district open enrollment:
- District residents have priority consideration over nonresidents for open enrollment or transfers from October 1 to January 31 of each school year. After January 31, all enrollment/transfer requests will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Resident students do not need to reapply once accepted at the new school.
- Transportation will not be provided unless there is room on an established route.
- There must be room in the grade level the student will enter.
- There must be a program in the new school that is appropriate for the enrolling or transferring student.
- Proof of address is required for in-district open enrollment.
Contact the school for specific information; especially at the high school level. Print and complete the 2015–2016 Application for In-District Student Open Enrollment or Transfer form, and return it to the school you want your child to attend, along with any other documentation requested by the school. All students new to LPS must follow the steps to register either online or at the ESC. All open enrollment requests must be approved prior to registration and enrollment.
*** Fill out the 2014-2015 Application for In-District Student Open Enrollment or Transfer form if you are interested in open enrollment for the current year. ***
When is my child eligible for kindergarten?
Students may enter kindergarten if they are five years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment.
How can I learn more about my children’s schools?
Families are encouraged to attend their schools’ back-to-school functions and to contact their schools’ office staff to arrange a time to visit.
Questions? Please call our district registrar, 303-347-4360.