1. We will start and end meeting on time, 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
2. Please come to meetings prepared. Please review packets and e-mails sent to you prior to the meeting. These will include the agenda and materials for the upcoming meeting.
3. A summary of key points will be made at the end of each meeting.
4. Members shall be committed to the work of the committee with consistency in attendance and participation.
1. Respect confidentiality of individual’s ideas. Meeting notes will summarize discussions without identifying specific remarks to participants; the same is expected of committee members outside the meeting.
2. Please focus on the person who has the floor, as designated by one of the co-chairs. Please no sidebar discussions.
3. Listen fully before reacting to another committee member’s comments. Keep in mind that everyone has different levels of experience on these topics and different experience in public speaking.
4. Be respectful of all ideas and questions.
5. Presume positive intent.
6. Everyone is encouraged to participate.
7. No such thing as a dumb idea or comment.
8. Try to be clear when the group is brainstorming ideas vs. evaluating ideas.
9. Lay down all personal interests and keep the interests of all students first.
1. Respect other committee members’ confidentiality.
2. The two chair people will be responsible for “official” committee communications to the public and press.
3. The committee will provide members with common language in which to respond to public questions.
4. Materials related to proposed alternatives should be utilized and given in full context of the committee discussion; and the same is expected of committee members outside the meeting.
5. Outside discussions should focus on the fact the group is coming up with ideas and recommendations.